Submission Guidelines for
Pikes Peak Pen Women Flash Fiction Contest
- Short story entries should contain the prompt words, amber, fire, and harmony; should be narrative in form; and should tell a complete story.
- Each entry cannot be longer than 500 words; titles not included in the word count.
- Entries must use proper manuscript format:
- Indent each new paragraph
- No extra lines between paragraphs
- No bold face type or unusual font
- All genres welcome; no poetry accepted.
- Include a cover page with the following information:
- Your name
- Title of your story
- Physical address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Would you like a critique? Yes or no.
- PayPal confirmation number
- Put the title on the manuscript. Do NOT put the author’s name on the manuscript, only on the cover page.
- Entries must be received electronically between Tuesday, January 15, 2019 and midnight on Tuesday, April 15.
- Manuscripts will not be returned unless you request a paid critique, in which case they will be returned via email along with the critique.
- Submissions must be emailed, using an attachment file or PDF. Do not cut and paste into the email body.
Notice: Entries not submitted in accordance with the above submission rules will not be judged and entry fees will not be returned.
- Winners will be notified no later than May 1, 2019.
Winners will also be announced on this website and the Pikes Peak Pen Women Facebook page.
- Prior winning entries to the Pikes Peak Pen Women Flash Fiction Contest will not be accepted.
- Submission of your entry is also a grant of permission to Pikes Peak Pen Women to publish your name, your city, and your entry (if your entry should be selected as a winner) on the www.pikespeakpenwomen.com website.
- Entries that contain offensive content, such as: animal cruelty, terrorism, or
vulgarity will not be accepted.
- Email submissions to: PPBFlashFictionContest@gmail.com
Ready to enter the contest? Click HERE to pay and submit your entry.